Ever Gin pairs well with earthy pear flavours. Here, we’ve added in some fresh citrus flavours to make for a light, but sophisticated summer drink. The spiced simple syrup can be made ahead and stored in the fridge – mixed with sparkling water it also makes for a delightful mocktail.
Combine in a cocktail shaker with ice:
- 1 oz Ever Gin Liqueur
- 1 oz Lillet Blanc
- 1 oz Pear Spice Syrup*
- 1 oz fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- tiny pinch of Maldon or other sea salt
Shake until well-chilled and strain into a cocktail glass.
* Pear Spice Syrup
- 2 large unpeeled pears, cored and chopped
- 1 large unpeeled apple, cored and chopped
- handful of fresh cranberries, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 star anise pods
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 4-5 whole allspice
- 3 tbsp cooking sherry or white wine
- peel of one lemon, all pith (white) removed
Combine all ingredients except lemon peel in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until fruit is visibly soft and mixture is syrupy. Do not stir as this will cause your syrup to become cloudy. Remove from heat, add lemon peel and allow to cool. Strain through a fine sieve into a clean glass jar, without pressing. Store in the refrigerator. Makes enough for about 20-30 cocktails.
Prep Time: 1 hour | Difficulty: