NO. 11 GIN
This tart and fresh cocktail tastes like my mom’s wild blueberry pie, with gorgeous pops of luscious fruit, citrus and spice on the palate.
Combine in a cocktail shaker:
- 1 ½ oz Laneway No.11 Gin
- 2 tsp wild blueberry juice
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz Spiced Pear Simple Syrup*
- Pinch of Maldon Salt
- 3-4 drops bitters (Creole or Angostura)
- Add ice, shake to chill and strain into a cocktail coupe.
*Spiced Pear Simple Syrup:
- 4-5 cored and chopped pears (unpeeled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
This is a versatile and easy to make syrup that we’ve used in a few of our seasonal cocktails where it brings a warm spice and silky texture. Add water and sugar to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the pears and cinnamon stick, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, occasionally stirring gently to prevent sticking. Strain into a covered glass jar, being careful not to press the cooked pears (to avoid giving your syrup a cloudy texture). Add vanilla extract to the mix and store in the fridge.
Prep Time: 45 minutes | Difficulty: